- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- Shinkenchiku-sha Co., Ltd.
- Toyo Ito (Toyo Ito & Associates, Architect)
- Masaru Okamoto (Kume Sekkei Co., Ltd.)
- Riken Yamamoto (Riken Yamamoto & Field Shop)
- Kiyoshi Sakurai (Nikken Sekkei Co., Ltd.)
- Taro Ashihara (Taro Ashihara Architects)
- Kengo Kuma (Kengo Kuma & Associates)
- Kunito Takahashi (Executive Managing Officer, Central Glass Co., Ltd.)
- Shozo Baba (Architectural Communication Consultant Ltd.)
- one / ¥2,000,000 and a commemorative gift
- two / ¥300,000 and a commemorative gift, each
- four / ¥100,000 and a commemorative gift, each
- ten / ¥50,000
* First Place, Second Place, and Honorable Mention prizes awarded to entries that pass initial screening
* All prize money tax included
- The following must be included with your application: Floor plan, cross section, site plan (at any scale), and perspective diagram or photo of model.
You are free to add charts, diagrams and descriptive text to help describe your proposal. Descriptive texts must be within 100 words.
- Complete all drawings, illustrative matter, and texts on one sheet of thick drawing paper (600mm×840mm). You may use blueprint, pencil, ink, color, and photographs. But do not use panels.
- On the back of your entry attach a piece of paper bearing your name, address, age, telephone or fax number, and e-mail address. Also indicate the name, address, and telephone or fax number of your school or place of employment.
In the case of group applications, provide the same information and indicate one individual as the representative of the group.
- Dept. of Central Glass International Architectural Design Competition 2009, Shinkenchiku-sha Co., Ltd.
2-31-2 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8501, Japan
*If any of the above is omitted, your entry will not be accepted.
- * Applications from Japan must be submitted by mail and postmarked on or before August 3 (Monday), 2009. In person and courier applications will not be accepted.
* Applications from overseas countries must also be submitted by mail and must arrive at the competition office no later than August 3 (Monday), 2009.
- The results of the initial screening will be announced in early September by notifications sent to applicants who have passed the screening and by an announcement on the competition website.
- Competition prizes will be decided by final screening of the seven highest ranking proposals from the initial screening. Final screening will consist of interviews with the winning applicants and presentations of their proposals. Both will be open to public. Final screening will be held open October 31 (Saturday), 2009.
- The results of the final screening will be announced in the December 2009 issue of Shinkenchiku and in issue No. 76 of JA.
- Entries must not have been previously published in any form.
- Entries should not be submitted simultaneously to any other competition.
- Registration in advance is not required to participate in the competition.
- The sponsors will not answer questions regarding competition regulations. All matters not covered in these regulations are left to the discretion of the entrants.
- Travel expenses will be paid to winners of the initial screening to enable them to participate in the final screening. Travel expenses will be covered for one representative from each Japanese group, and ¥100,000 paid to one representative from each overseas group. Payment will be made after conclusion of the final screening.
- Copyright to the winning entries will remain the property of their designers, but the sponsors of the competition reserve the right to publish the entries in magazines and other media.
- Competition entries must not infringe the copyright of any other work, either in whole or in part. Do not use images from magazines, books, or web sites. If a copyright infringement is found, prize winning proposals will be disqualified.
- Entries will not be returned. If required, make copies for your own use before submitting your entry.
- Failure to follow any of the competition rules will result in disqualification.
- Personal information submitted in connection with this competition may be shared by the competition organizers and sponsors for competition purposes only. Personal information will not be sold or provided to any third party.